Since January 2018, IANUS is part of Forum for Interdisciplinary Research. IANUS activities are coordinated by the FiF office in accordance with the IANUS speakers and the FiF fellow responsible for IANUS issues.
The main focus of further work lies in the promotion of research projects on topics of scientific-technical peace and conflict research within the framework of the FiF funding programme.
To develop the idea of a German-wide unique scientific and technical peace research, a IANUS network group was founded at TU Darmstadt.
IANUS main topics
These are the current main topics:
- In order to promote IANUS topics, project outlines can be submitted as part of the FiF funding line.
- IANUS related as well as the events are organised with support of FiF. IANUS Award
- The study programme “MA International Studies/Peace and Conflict Studies” () as well as the interdisciplinary study focus Science and Technology Studies ( ISFK) are supported by members of the iSP W&T especially with regard to scientific and technical aspects. IANUS network group
- With regard to content, IANUS is particularly profiled by the Chair of “Science and Technology for Peace and Security” () of Christian Reuter ( PEASEC). Dept. 20
- IANUS incentives for and through the civil society are provided by the IANUS Association for Peace-Oriented Technology Design e.V. (e.g. in form of the project “”). IANUS-peacelab
It is also possible to submit projects on IANUS topics. They should contribute in an interdisciplinary way to the reduction of social or global conflicts, to the promotion or assurance of peaceful coexistence.
The IANUS award honours outstanding academic works from all faculties of TU Darmstadt.
Partners and institutes
Research affiliates can provide their expertise through IANUS and develop international working relationships. The following research affiliates come together on the IANUS platform to collaborate with colleagues from TU Darmstadt: …
IANUS networking group
Members, professors, staff and students of TU Darmstadt have formed the informal IANUS initiative group to support the continuation of IANUS.
Publications and texts
On the following page you can find a variety of publications on IANUS topics and about IANUS itself.
IANUS was initiated by students and research assistants at the Technische Hochschule Darmstadt (THD), now TU Darmstadt.
On the following page you can find a list of selected IANUS projects and IANUS workshops.