Since January 2018 and initially limited until September 2022, IANUS is part of the Forum for Interdisciplinary Research. The reorganisation is connected with a funding line for interdisciplinary research projects on scientific and technical peace and conflict research. IANUS activities are coordinated by the FiF office in accordance with the IANUS speakers and the FiF fellow responsible for IANUS issues.
The main focus of its further work is the funding of research projects. For this purpose, an additional funding line on interdisciplinary peace and conflict research was established in 2018 as part of TU Darmstadt's Interdisciplinary Research funding initiative. Funding is granted to natural science and engineering projects which, in the context of IANUS, are particularly concerned with questions of dual use, dealing with the causes of conflict or sustainable security research.
To develop the idea of a German-wide unique scientific and technical peace research, a IANUS network group was founded at TU Darmstadt.
IANUS main topics
These are the current main topics:
- FiF has a separate to promote IANUS projects. funding line
- IANUS related as well as the events are organised with support of FiF. IANUS Award
- The study programme “MA International Studies/Peace and Conflict Studies” () as well as the interdisciplinary study focus Science and Technology Studies ( ISFK) are supported by members of the iSP W&T especially with regard to scientific and technical aspects. IANUS network group
- With regard to content, IANUS is particularly profiled by the Chair of “Science and Technology for Peace and Security” () of Christian Reuter ( PEASEC). dept. 20
- IANUS incentives for and through the civil society are provided by the IANUS Association for Peace-Oriented Technology Design e.V. (e.g. in form of the project “”). IANUS-peacelab