FiF Lecture 2022 with Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem
Power of information intermediaries – powerlessness of law?
Topic: „Power of information intermediaries – powerlessness of law?
When: 11.05.2022, 5 pm
Where: Lichtenberg-Haus, Dieburger Straße 241
With Professor Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem once again the FiF succeeded in convincing a scientist who is known beyond the subject boundaries to participate in the FiF Lecture 2022. Professor Hoffmann-Riem was a Judge at the Federal Constitutional Court from 1999-2008, and subsequently a Fellow at the Wissenschaftskolleg Berlin. Since 2012 he is Professor of Law and Innovation at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg. He was one of the initiators of the “Charter of Fundamental Digital Rights of the European Union” in 2016.
As an expert in information and media law, he will also discuss in his FiF Lecture the challenges of the constitutional state caused by digitalisation, especially by the globally active internet groups such as Facebook and Google, acting as oligopolies. They impact the access to information and its content and have considerable economic and political power. They control the behaviour of their service users in many aspects and influence the way of public communication. They act according to their own rules and are only to a limited extent subject to sovereign law. What is the reason for it? Which possibilities are there to guarantee the freedom and plurality of communication and the autonomy of their users with the help of national and trans-national law?
These are the key issues of the FiF Lecture 2022 with Wolfgang Hoffmann-Riem. The event takes place on 11.05.2022 (Lichtenberg-Haus, Dieburger Straße 241) 5 pm and is called: „Power of information intermediaries – powerlessness of law?" Please register by 5 May 2022 by email to email@example.com-….
This event couldn't take place in 2020 and was postponed to 11.5.2022. The event will be held in compliance with the TU Darmstadt hygiene rules in force in May 2022.
- FiF Lecture 2017 mit Günter Figal
- FiF Lecture 2018 mit Bernhard Waldenfels
- FiF Lecture 2019 mit Hans Joas
- FiF Lecture with Konrad Paul Liessmann
- FiF Lecture 2023 with Prof. Dr. Dieter Thomä
- FiF-Workshop 2019 Virtuelle Realitäten
- FiF-Workshop 2017 Lernen in der Digitalisierung
- Tagung 2018 | FiF | Digitalstadt Darmstadt
- FiF DenkRäume 1.19
- FiF-Forum 2010 Fiktion Privatsphäre?
- FiF-Forum 2010 Urheberrecht und Informationsgesellschaft
- FiF-Forum 2011 Datensicherheit in der Medizin
- FiF-Forum 2012 Allianz für Bildungsinformatik
- FiF-Workshop 2012 Knowledge Discovery (UKP Lab – DIPF)
- Tagung 2016 | JFMH16 | Die vermessen(d)e Bildung
- Tagung 2020 | linglit | Conference Data in Discourse Analysis
- FiF-Workshop 2018 INCEpTION